My name is Jason and I’ve been in the wine industry for the last 5 years It’s been a journey and I think I’ve now reached the limit of my challenges with my current company. So this blog is a continuation of my challenge to myself. I also use the medium of acrylics to paint wine seascapes and landscapes in abstract form and I completed the Marathon du Medoc recently and have tried my hand at sabrage.
But in everything I do I make the wine world a little smaller and a lot less stuffy.
One step at a time.
WSET Intermediate Certificate in Wines and Spirits – Pass
WSET Advanced Certificate in Wines and Spirits (Analytical Tasting) – Pass with DistinctionWSET Advanced Certificate in Wines and Spirits (Theory)- – Pass with Merit
WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits
Vineyard/ Distilleries visits to date:
- Bear Creek Distillery, Denver USA.Nov 2017
- Tighe Bros, Denver USA Nov 2017
- Veuve Clicquot Reims 2016
Canard Duchene Reims (Sept 2013)
• Tallisker, Isle of Skye July 2013
• Champagne Taittinger Reims, France 2012
• Pilsner Urquell Brewery, Prague 2012 & 13 and 2015
• Appleton Rum Estate Jamaica 2012
• Tio Pepe, Jerez Spain 2011
• Sipsmith, Hammersmith 2011
• Penderyn Whisky Distillery, Wales 2010
• Beringer and Krug vineyards St Helena Napa Valley USA 2008
• Badia a Coltibuono and Capannelle Vineyards, Italy 2008
• Averill Creek vineyard Vancouver Island Canada 2007
• Hamilton Russell Vineyards Walker Bay South Africa 2007